These terms and conditions apply to your Payment Card. You must read them carefully.
In these terms and conditions "you" means the named Payment Cardholder and the authorised user of the Payment Card. "We", "us" or "our" means PSI-Pay Ltd. “Website” means our website at www.ecopayz.com.
You can use the Payment Card / E-Money Account at any location that displays the MasterCard® acceptance mark, including shops, restaurants, online, or on the telephone. You can also use your Payment Card overseas. Before using the Payment Card you need to make sure there are enough funds loaded on it. You will not be able and should not attempt to use your Payment Card after its expiry date. However we will issue you with a new Payment Card prior to expiry.
Your Payment Card is not a credit card and can only be connected to your bank account for the purposes of loading the card. You will not earn any interest on any funds loaded on your Payment Card.
To be eligible to apply for our Payment Card you must be at least 18 years old, and ecoAccount holder and resident in any country that PSI provide this service. We will require evidence of who you are and your address. We may ask you to provide some documentary evidence to prove this and/or we may carry out checks on you electronically.
If you have applied for our Payment Card during the registration process for an ecoPayz Account you will have 4 weeks from the date of your Payment Card application to complete the verification for your Account after which point your Payment Card application will expire.
You must sign the signature strip on the back of the Payment Card as soon as it is received. Please refer to our Website (www.ecopayz.com) for all Payment Card loading options, or refer to the “Loading your Payment Card” section below.
By using the Payment Card you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Once your application has been approved, you will be sent your Payment Card to your registered address. You must sign the signature strip on the back of the Payment Card as soon as it is received. You may obtain your PIN over the secure website. When you make your first PIN request there will be no charge. When you request a PIN reminder a charge will be incurred. Please refer to our fees and limits page for details.
Once you have received the Payment Card, you must ‘Activate’ your card on the ecoPayz website. You will not be able to withdraw from your Payment Card until you have activated your card online first.
Funds can be taken from your ecoPayz e-wallet through your ecoCard Payment Card follow the instructions at the Website.
Funds withdrawn using the Payment Card will be debited from your chosen linked ecoAccount. The balance on your Payment Card can never exceed the maximum initial load, at any time. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any particular loading transaction.
Upon receipt, your funds will be available for use without delay.
Detailed instructions on how to use your Payment Card are found on the Website. You will need to follow these instructions when using your Payment Card.
We will deduct the value of your transactions from the balance on your Payment Card. We will also deduct any applicable fees as soon as they become payable by you, see our Fees section below for details of our fees.
The Payment Card belongs to us. We may ask you to stop using your Payment Card and return it to us or destroy it. We may at anytime suspend, restrict or cancel your Payment Card or refuse to issue or replace a Payment Card for reasons relating to the following:
- we are concerned about security of your account or Payment Cards we have issued to you;
- we suspect your account is being used in an unauthorised or fraudulent manner;
- or we need to do so to comply with the law.
We reserve the right to impose restrictions at the point of sale where we believe that either your or our security can be compromised.
Like other payment cards, we cannot guarantee a retailer will accept your Payment Card. We may also refuse to pay a transaction:
- if we are concerned about security of your Payment Card or we suspect your Payment Card is being used in an unauthorised or fraudulent manner;
- if sufficient funds are not loaded on your Payment Card at the time of a transaction to cover the amount of the transaction and any applicable fees;
- if there is an outstanding Shortfall on the Payment Card in accordance with condition 12;
- if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you are acting in breach of this agreement;
- if we believe that a transaction is potentially suspicious or illegal (for example, if we believe that a transaction is being made fraudulently); or
- because of errors, failures (whether mechanical or otherwise) or refusals by merchants, payment processors or payment schemes processing transactions.
If we refuse to authorise a transaction, we will, if practicable, tell you why immediately unless it would be unlawful for us to do so. You may correct any information we hold and which may have caused us to refuse a transaction by contacting us on email@example.com.
Subject to the features of the particular Payment Card, the authorisation of a transaction can include authorising any single transaction, a series or recurring transactions (including transactions for an indefinite period) or pre-authorising future transactions of a certain or uncertain amount.
A Payment Card transaction will be regarded as authorised by you where you:
- authorise the transaction at the point of sale by following the instructions provided by the merchant or retailer to authorise the transaction, which may include:
- entering your PIN or providing any other security code;
- signing a sales voucher;
- providing the Payment Card details and/ or providing any other details as requested;
- waving/swiping the Payment Card over a card reader or inserting your Payment Card into a card reading device for the purpose of making a payment;
- insert a Payment Card and enter your PIN to request a cash withdrawal at an ATM;
- make a request for a cash advance at any bank counter.
Authorisation for a transaction may not be withdrawn (or revoked) by you after the time it is received. However, the following transactions may be withdrawn if you or an additional Payment Cardholder gives notice to the supplier (providing a copy of the notice to us):
- any transaction which is agreed to take place on a date later than the date is was authorised as long as notice was provided no later than the close of business on the business day before it was due to take place.
We will pay the funds required by the retailer or merchant to cover the transactions authorised by you within 3 days of us receiving their request. A transaction (the payment order) will be received as follows:
- for purchases and ATM transactions, at the time we receive the transaction instruction from the merchant acquirer or ATM operator;
- for other transactions which are communicated directly to us, at the time you ask us to complete the transaction;
- if, in relation to:
- purchases and ATM transactions, we receive the transaction instruction from the merchant acquirer or ATM operator; or
- other transactions communicated directly to us, you ask us to complete the transaction after 3pm GMT, the transaction instruction or request will be deemed to have been received by us on the following business day.
This agreement will continue indefinitely unless terminated. You have a legal right to cancel your Payment Card up to 14 days after you receive the Payment Card without being charged the Redemption Fee – this 14 day period is known as the “Cooling-Off Period”. Under these terms and conditions, you also have the right to cancel your Payment Card at any time after the 14 day Cooling-Off Period without notice and any funds remaining on your Payment Card will be returned to you within 5 days subject to satisfactory checks being completed.
We may also cancel your agreement for any reason by giving you at least 2 month's notice:
- if this agreement or your card expires on a set date and we have not agreed to renew this Agreement;
- if you break an important part of this agreement, or repeatedly break the agreement and fail to resolve the matter in a timely manner;
- if you act in a manner that is threatening or abusive to our staff, or any or our representatives;
- if you fail to pay fees or charges that you have incurred or fail to put right any shortfall;
- in the event of your death.
If we cancel your Payment Card you must tell us what you want us to do with any unused funds within 3 months of the date we tell you your Payment Card is cancelled. We can return the funds to the loading source, to a bank account in the same name as the Payment Card account or we can issue a cheque for your refund. Please note we will need to verify your identity in order to satisfy Anti Money Laundering requirements. If we receive no contact within three months, the funds will be returned to the loading source.
If your Payment Card is cancelled, we will immediately block your Payment Card so it cannot be used.
You will not be entitled to a refund of money you have already spent on transactions authorised, or pending or any fees for use of the Payment Card before the Payment Card is cancelled or expires. You can cancel your Payment Card by sending an email to us using the “contact us” function on the Website, and confirming that you have destroyed your Payment Card.
If you cancel your Payment Card, once all transactions and fees have been deducted, we will arrange for any unused funds to be refunded to you, see “Your Rights to Redemption of Funds and Refunding of Transactions on your Payment Card” section below for further information. A Redemption Fee may be charged (see Fees section below) unless you have arranged to transfer any unused funds to another Payment Card managed by us, or you cancel your Payment Card within 14 days of receiving it.
Your Payment Card will be valid for 4 years.
Shortly before expiry of your Payment Card, we will contact you to ask whether you require a replacement card. If you promptly confirm to us that you wish to receive a replacement card, then subject to receiving acceptable evidence of identity from you, we will issue a replacement card before expiry of your card.
When we issue a replacement Payment Card we may charge a fee. Please see section 12 for a summary of fees.
You should treat your Payment Card like cash. If it is lost or stolen, you may lose some or all of your money on your Payment Card, in the same way as if you lost cash in your wallet or purse. As a result, you must keep your Payment Card safe and not let anyone else use it.
If you are issued with a PIN, you must keep it secret at all times. You should memorise the PIN, destroying the notification and never disclose the PIN or security information to anyone. If you suspect that someone else knows your PIN, you should change it as soon as possible. You can change your PIN to something more memorable at most ATM machines by following the on screen instructions.
We recommend that you check the balance on your Payment Card regularly online at the Website. We will provide you with your Payment Card balance and a statement of recent transactions either by electronic means or on our secure webpage at any time. Your statement will show:
- information relating to each Payment Card transaction which will enable it to be identified;
- the amount of the Payment Card transaction shown in the currency in which the transaction was paid or debited to the account;
- the amount of charges for the transaction;
- the date the transaction is authorised or posted on to the account.
You must tell us without undue delay by calling us on our 24 hour lost and stolen card helpline +44 (0) 871 898 1012 if you know or suspect that a Payment Card is lost or stolen or that the PIN or password is known to an unauthorised person or if you think a transaction has been incorrectly executed.
We will refund any incorrectly executed transaction immediately unless we have any reason to believe that the incident has been caused by a breach of this agreement, gross negligence or we have reasonable grounds to suspect fraudulent activity.
However, if the investigations show that any disputed transaction was authorised by you, or you have acted fraudulently or with gross negligence (for example by failing to keep your Payment Card or PIN secure), you may be liable any loss we suffer because of the use of the Payment Card.
We will not be liable for any loss arising from:
- any cause which results from abnormal or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, consequences which would have been unavoidable despite all our efforts to the contrary; or
- a retailer refusing to accept your Payment Card; or
- our compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- loss or corruption of data unless caused by our wilful default.
We are also not liable for:
- business interruption, loss of revenue, goodwill, opportunity or anticipated savings;
- any indirect or consequential loss.
Redeeming the funds on your Payment Card
You have the right to redeem the funds on your Payment Card at any time in whole or in part. To do so, please send us an e-mail using the "contact us" facility on the Website, requesting redemption and indicating the amount to be redeemed.
If you request redemption of all funds on your Payment Card, please confirm in writing that you have destroyed your Payment Card by cutting it up. When we process your redemption request, we may require you to provide us with documents such as identification so that we may process your request in accordance with legal requirements. We may also charge a redemption fee if one of the following circumstances applies:
- you are requesting redemption before termination or expiry of this agreement;
- you cancel this agreement before any agreed termination or expiry date; or
- you request redemption more than one year after the date of termination or expiry of this agreement.
Please see section 12 for a summary of fees including redemption fees.
We will not redeem the value of the funds on your card to you if your request for redemption of the funds is more than six years after the date of termination or expiry of this agreement.
You may be entitled to claim a refund in relation to transactions where:
- the transaction was not authorised under this agreement;
- we are responsible for a transaction which was incorrectly executed notified us in accordance with section 8 above;
- a pre-authorised transaction did not specify the exact amount at the time of its authorisation and the amount charged by a supplier is more than you or an additional Payment Cardholder could reasonably have expected taking into account normal spending patterns on the Payment Card or the circumstances of the transaction;
- a claim for a refund in the circumstances set out above will not be accepted if the amount of the transaction was made available to you at least 4 weeks before the transaction date or it is made more than 8 weeks after being debited to your account;
- we were notified of the unauthorized / incorrectly executed transaction within 13 months of the debit date.
We may change these terms at any time by notifying you by e-mail or other agreed means at least 2 months before the change is due to take effect. The up-to-date version of the Payment Card terms and conditions will always be available on the Website. The change will automatically take effect and you will be taken to have accepted the notified change unless you tell us that you do not agree to the change. In that event, we will treat that notice as notification that you wish immediately to terminate. In such circumstances we will refund any balance on the card in accordance with section 10 above and you will not be charged a Refund Fee.
We may make immediate changes to the exchange rate used to convert foreign transactions into Sterling. For all transactions made in a foreign currency you can find out what the applicable exchange rate was at the time of the transaction via the MasterCard Website.
We do not charge any fees for checking your online balance and transactions. However, for details on all fees that do apply to the Payment Card please refer to our fees and limits page.
3 payment cards can be issued per user, 1 in each currency.
When you use your Payment Card at an ATM, you may also be subject to applicable fees, surcharge rules and regulations of the relevant ATM, or other financial institution or association.
If we decide to increase or impose any new fees, we will tell you by e-mail, text, or post, at least two months before any changes take effect. Authorisation will be requested for all transactions at the time of each transaction. In the unlikely event, for any reason whatsoever, a transaction is completed when there are insufficient funds on the Payment Card for that transaction (a "Shortfall"), the Shortfall shall be reimbursed by you unless it is due to an error on the part of the retailer where the Payment Card was presented, in this circumstance we may seek the Shortfall from the retailer.
You agree that once we make this Shortfall known to you, we may charge you for the Shortfall amount. We may charge the amount of the shortfall from any other Payment Cards that you hold with us, to any other payment method which you may designate at that time, or against any funds which you may subsequently load onto your Payment Card or on any additional Payment Card ordered by you. Until we are reimbursed the Shortfall amount, we may suspend your Payment Card and any additional Payment Cards connected to you. In addition, we reserve the right to charge you an Administration Fee for each transaction that you make using your Payment Card that results in a Shortfall or increases the Shortfall amount on your Payment Card.
You must let us know as soon as possible if you change name, address, phone number or e-mail address. If we contact you in relation to your Payment Card, for example, to notify you that we have cancelled your Payment Card or to send you a refund by cheque, we will use the most recent contact details you have provided to us. Any e-mail to you will be treated as being received as soon as it is sent by us. We will not be liable to you if your contact details have changed and you have not told us.
If you have any disputes about purchases made using your Payment Card, you should settle these with the person you bought the goods or services from. We are not responsible for the quality, safety, legality or any other aspect of any goods or services purchased with your Payment Card. Remember that once you have used your Payment Card to make a purchase we cannot stop that transaction.
If you have an enquiry relating to your Payment Card, you can use the "Contact Us" facility on the website. We will deal with your enquiry promptly. If you do not wish to enquire in this way you can alternatively call our customer service telephone line on + 44 (0) 871 898 1012 or if your card has been lost or stolen on +44 (0) 871 898 1012. The customer services telephone line is a chargeable service. Calls cost 25p per minute from a fixed BT landline. Call costs from other networks may vary.
The Payment Card programme is managed by PSI-Pay Ltd. If you are unhappy in any way with your Payment Card or the way it is managed, tell us by using the e-mail enquiry facility on the Website so we can investigate the circumstances for you. Any complaints you have will be dealt with quickly and fairly. You may be able to take unresolved complaints to the Financial Ombudsman Service at Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR. Telephone: 0800 023 4567 and e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Payment Card is an electronic money product and although it is a product authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. No other compensation scheme exists to cover losses claimed in connection with the Payment Card. This means that in the unlikely event that PSI-Pay Ltd becomes insolvent your funds may become valueless and unusable and as a result you may lose your money.
We may assign the benefit and burden of these terms and conditions to another company at any time, on giving you 2 months prior notice of this. If we do this, your rights will not be affected.
We may transfer your unused balance to a new Payment Card provided by a Payment Card issuer other than PSI-Pay Ltd at any time. Before we do this, we will give you 2 month's notice of the new Payment Card arrangements and the new Payment Card terms and conditions. Unless you advise us within the 2 month period that you do not want a new Payment Card from the new Payment Card issuer, you agree that we can automatically transfer the unused balance on your Payment Card to a new Payment Card provided by the new Payment Card issuer.
This Agreement is concluded in English. All communications with you will be in English. These terms and conditions will be construed in accordance with English law.
As a responsible e-money issuer, PSI-Pay Ltd ensures that once it has received your funds they are deposited in a secure account, specifically for the purpose of redeeming transactions made by your Payment Card. In the event that PSI-Pay Ltd becomes insolvent funds that you have loaded which have arrived with and been deposited by PSI-Pay Ltd are protected against the claims made by creditors.
MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. Your Payment Card is issued by PSI-Pay Ltd whose registered address is Afon Building, Worthing Road, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1TL, England. PSI-Pay Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations (register reference 900011) for the issuing of electronic money. Your Payment Card is the property of PSI-Pay Ltd and is not transferable to anyone else.